Peter and the Wolf | Concerts for Kids
- Date April 25th, 2019 Time 10:00am Venue UIS Performing Arts Center - Venue: Sangamon Auditorium
The Illinois Symphony Orchestra, led by Music Director Ken Lam, will be joined by the Magic Circle Mime Company to unite symphony orchestra with visual theater for the classic children’s story of Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf. The narration is replaced by movement and the concert hall becomes the scene of action as the conductor's assistant (Peter) tries to capture a vicious wolf that threatens orchestra and audience alike. With the help of the musicians, good triumphs over evil and the concert ends in victorious celebration.
Program also includes two movements from Summer from Vivaldi's The Four Season. Program length 50 minutes.
Thursday, April 25, 2019 @ 10:00 AM
Sangamon Auditorium, UIS, Springfield
Friday, April 26, 2019 @ 10:00 AM & 12:15 PM
Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts, Bloomington, IL
Ordering Information: Classes should have one chaperone for every 15 students; every 16th ticket is complimentary. Please include everyone who will be attending the performance in your total count. When placing your order, inform the Ticket Office if anyone in your group needs accessibility services.
Financial Assistance: If a student or class needs financial assistance, contact Director of Marketing Beth Wakefield at 800.401.7222 Ext. 10 or email@example.com.
Learn how to make your reservation for your class today! Full details listed below.
Springfield Ordering Information:
- Call Sangamon Auditorium Ticket Office at (217) 206-6160, or complete an online reservation by clicking the tickets link below.
- After your reservation is processed, you will receive a letter requesting that you confirm the details oft he order and submit payment. Reservation confirmation is due three weeks prior to the concert and payment is due two weeks prior to the concert.
- When confirmation and payment are received by the Ticket Office, your group will be placed in the best available seats.
- A voucher with your seating information will be mailed to you. Please bring the voucher with you to the performance.
Bloomington Ordering Information:
- Call the BCPA Ticket Office at 309.434.2777 or toll free at 866.686.9541 to make your reservation.
- After your reservation is processed, you will receive an Order Confirmation with your order information and Final Count and Payment due dates.
- Payments may be made by check, credit card* or cash (please, no coins). Checks may be made payable to BCPA and mailed to
BCPA Ticket Office, 600 N East St, Bloomington, IL 61701. A $5.00 Administrative Fee is added to each order. Lunch space is available for an additional fee. *All major credit cards accepted.
- Once your payment has been received, a ticket voucher will be mailed to you. Please bring this voucher with you to the performance.
Support Provided By:
Illinois Arts Council, An Agency of the State of Illinois, State Farm, US Bank, Children’s Hospital HSHS St. John’s, Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc., Susan Cook House Educational Trust, Pete & Melinda LaBarre, Sandra & Kenneth Jesse Endowment Fund for Schoolchildren, McLean County Arts Center *, Illinois Prairie Community Foundation - David & Kay Williams Music Education and Mirza Arts & Cultural Fund, Crawford, Murphy & Tilly
Springfield Venue UIS Performing Arts Center - Venue: Sangamon Auditorium
1 University Plz #397, Springfield, IL 62703
UIS Ticket Office, University of Illinois Springfield, 1 University Plaza, MS PAC 292, Springfield, IL 62703
Physical Address: Public Affairs Center, 1 University Plaza, Springfield, IL 62703
Ticket Office Information:
Phone: (217) 206-6160
The UIS Ticket Office is located in the UIS PAC Lobby on Level 2 of the Public Affairs Center on the campus of the University of Illinois at Springfield.
Ticket Office Hours:
Monday-Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday: Closed, On Performance Days - Opens Two Hours Prior to Performance
UIS Performing Arts Center offers a variety of parking, including free parking, premium parking, and valet parking. There is also a place to drop your passenger or guests at the entrance for easy accessibility. See more information and view a map of the UIS campus to plan your visit.
Magic Circle Mime Company
Magic Circle Mime Company is regarded as one of today’s premier family attractions. Its highly acclaimed performances, which unite the concert orchestra with visual theater, are consistently praised for imaginative and innovative content.
Magic Circle Mime Company performs with nearly every major orchestra in North America and has performed on numerous occasions with the symphony orchestras of Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago, Montreal, Saint Louis, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver and Winnipeg; the Cleveland Orchestra, Minnesota Orchestra and Philadelphia Orchestra; and on more than a dozen occasions at The Kennedy Center For The Performing Arts with the National Symphony Orchestra. 2016 marked the fifth appearance at the National Arts Centre of Canada.
Magic Circle Mime Company also has a growing reputation outside North America. They have performed with orchestras in Australia, China, Colombia (SA), Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain and Taiwan. International festival appearances include the International Children's Festivals of Beijing, Shanghai and Taiwan. In 2018 they will perform for the first time in Denmark with both the Aalborg Symfoniorkester and Aarhus Symfoniorkester.