3, 2, 1 Blastoff! | Concerts for Kids
Prepare for liftoff as the Illinois Symphony Orchestra, led by Music Director Ken Lam, takes you on an out-of-this-world exploration of space along with your host Professor Charles Schweighauser. Professor Charlie will guide your trip through space as we Blast Off! Together, and tour Mars and Jupiter from The Planets, and journey to a galaxy far away in Star Wars. This concert will go boldly where no concert has gone before.
Strauss: Also Sprach Zarathustra
Dorff: 3, 2, 1, Blast Off!
Williams: Flying Theme (E.T. the Extra-terrestial)
Holst: Jupiter from The Planets
Debussy: Claire de Lune
Holst: Mars from The Planets
Williams: Star Wars Theme
Thursday, April 23, 2020 @ 10:00 AM
UIS Performing Arts Center (Sangamon Auditorium)
Friday, April 24, 2020 @ 10:00 AM & 12:15 PM
Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts
Get ready for blast off and make your reservations today! Details below.
Ordering Information: Classes should have one chaperone for every 15 students, every 16th ticket is complimentary. Everyone must be included in your total if they want to watch the performance. When placing your order, inform the Ticket Office if anyone in your group needs accessibility services. Individual ticket sales not available for purchase until the day of the performance.
Bloomington Ordering information:
- Call Pam at (309) 434-2769 or the BCPA Ticket Office at (309) 434-2777 to make your reservation.
- After your reservation is processed, you will receive an Order Confirmation with your order information. Please confirm all your information is correct. Your Order Confirmation will include Final Count and Payment due dates.
- Payments may be made in person by cash, check, or credit card*, by phone with a credit card or checks made payable to BCPA may be mailed to BCPA Ticket Office, 600 N East St, Bloomington, IL 61701. A $5.00 Administrative Fee is added to each order. Lunch space is available for an additional fee. *All major credit cards accepted.
- Once your payment has been received, a ticket voucher will be mailed to you. Please bring this voucher with you to the performance, present it to an Usher in our main lobby, and you will be escorted to your seating area.
Springfield Ordering Information:
- Call Sangamon Auditorium Ticket Office at (217) 206-6160, or click here to complete an online reservation by clicking the tickets link below.
- After your reservation is processed, you will receive a letter requesting that you confirm the details of the order and submit payment. Reservation confirmation is due three weeks prior to the concert and payment is due two weeks prior to the concert.
- When confirmation and payment are received by the Ticket Office, your group will be placed in the best available seats.
- A voucher with your seating information will be mailed to you. Please bring the voucher with you to the performance.
Support Provided By:
Illinois Arts Council, An Agency of the State of Illinois, McLean County Arts Center *, State Farm, Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc., Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Pete & Melinda LaBarre, Illinois Prairie Community Foundation – Laura Sullivan Arts & Culture Endowed Fund, Sandra & Kenneth Jesse Endowment Fund for Schoolchildren
Springfield Venue UIS Performing Arts Center (Sangamon Auditorium)
1 University Plz #397, Springfield, IL 62703
UIS Ticket Office, University of Illinois Springfield, 1 University Plaza, MS PAC 292, Springfield, IL 62703
Physical Address: Public Affairs Center, 1 University Plaza, Springfield, IL 62703
Ticket Office Information:
Phone: (217) 206-6160
The UIS Ticket Office is located in the UIS PAC Lobby on Level 2 of the Public Affairs Center on the campus of the University of Illinois at Springfield.
Ticket Office Hours:
Monday-Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday: Closed, On Performance Days - Opens Two Hours Prior to Performance
UIS Performing Arts Center offers a variety of parking, including free parking, premium parking, and valet parking. There is also a place to drop your passenger or guests at the entrance for easy accessibility. See more information and view a map of the UIS campus to plan your visit.
Bloomington Venue Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts
600 N East St. Bloomington, IL 61701
BCPA Ticket Office, 600 N East St, Bloomington, IL 61701
Physical address (for walk up sales): SE corner of BCPA, 600 N. East Street
Ticket Office Information:
Phone: (309) 434-2777
Toll-free: (866) 686-9541
Ticket Office Hours:
Monday-Friday: 10 AM-6 PM, 10 AM-Half Hour After Concert Begins
Regular Performance Days: Ticket Office opens two hours prior to performance and closes a half hour after concert begins.
School Performance Days: Ticket Office opens at 9 AM and closes at 6 PM
Free parking is available in the lots and side streets surrounding the BCPA on a first come, first served basis. Activities in the adjacent downtown, campus, and residential neighborhoods mean that traffic and parking congestion can occur, especially at our most popular events. See more information and view a map of the parking lots surrounding the BCPA.
Busses will line up along East street on the east side of the BCPA and drop off students as they reach the front of the line. The students and teachers will enter through the front doors of the BCPA, where they will be greeted by Ushers who will escort each group to their seats.